In 2019 LOVA will award the seventh LOVA/Marjan Rens MA Thesis Award. This award is for the best MA thesis in the field of women- and gender studies in anthropology in the Netherlands. The award consists of 500 euro. The three nominated award winners will be invited to publish an article based on the thesis in LOVA Journal.
The criteria for submitting a thesis are:
– the thesis has been finished between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2018
– the thesis received an 8 or higher
– the thesis is written from a feminist anthropological perspective (that means that the relationship between gender and power, in one or more of its manifestations, is central)
– the thesis is written in Dutch or English
– the thesis was written for a Dutch university or institute
Send two hard copies and a digital copy of your thesis before February 15, 2019 to the LOVA Secretariat (see address below). Don’t forget to mention your name, postal address, email address and telephone number in the accompanying letter.
Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology
De Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
For more information about LOVA and the Marjan Rens Foundation see the websites: