In 2023 LOVA will award the tenth LOVA Marjan Rens Master’s Thesis Award. This award is for the best MA/MSc thesis in the field of gender studies in anthropology and development sociology in The Netherlands. The award consists of 500 euros. The three nominated award winners will be invited to publish an article based on the thesis in the LOVA Journal of December 2023.
Criteria for submitting a thesis:
- the thesis has been completed between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2022
- the thesis was graded with an 8 or higher
- the thesis is written from a feminist perspective which implies that the relationship between gender and power is central
- the thesis is written in Dutch or English
- the thesis was written for a Dutch university or institute
- send in a digital copy of your thesis before February 15, 2023, to Marina de Regt: email@example.com
- in the accompanying email mention your name, postal address, email address and telephone number, and the grade that you received.
Please feel free to forward to anyone interested, and in particular recently graduated Master’s students!