Lova’s third photo competition is focused on the theme: Gender in turbulent times.
Image has the power to connect people, especially in times of crisis. So, despite the cancellation of LOVA’s Fifth International Conference due to the current corona epidemic we decided to proceed with the photo competition.
For joining the competition you are invited to hand in a photo that reflects upon the role that gender plays in turbulent times. Photos can evoke memories or feelings from the past; images make us reflect on the social construction of the (small) world around us. They can even express our dreams and our hopes for the social change these turbulent times might bring.
Share your most intriguing, beautiful, extraordinary, or original photo with LOVA and win the audience or jury award. So, dive into your photo archive, be creative in and around the house or take photos from your window or balcony! With limited freedom, art can break boundaries.
The photo(s) submitted will be posted on the LOVA Facebook page and viewers can ‘like’ or ‘share’ your photo.
The photo that receives the most ‘likes’ by June 1st 2020 wins the Audience Award.
The photo selected by our jury of anthropologists and photographers wins the Jury Award.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN:
Jury Award & Audience award:
- An enlargement (40 × 60 cm) of your winning photo
- A free 2-year LOVA membership. This consists of a hard copy of the annual issues of LOVA Journal and messages from the LOVA Mail Service (LMS) about vacancies, workshops, conferences and other opportunities.
The best 5 photos will also be:
- Published on the LOVA website, including name and title.
- Featured in the December 2020 issue of the LOVA Journal, including name and title.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
- Send your photo(s) to: email@example.com (max. 3 photos per participant).
- The resolution should be at least 300 dpi or 2 MB.
- A short explanation including the context of the photo, your name and some background information.
Copyright, usage rights and ethics:
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images submitted. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and will always be credited alongside your picture.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to LOVA exclusive license to reproduce and publish the images in the LOVA Journal, on social media, and on the LOVA website. Please write in your mail: ‘I transfer usage rights to LOVA’, so LOVA can publish your photo on its website, in the journal and on social media.
- If your photograph features a person or several people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved. (Or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if aged under 16).
- You can also participate with a photo which can not be shared on social media. We won’t make the photo public.
- By submitting / uploading the photo(s), the participant declares to have the copyrights that rest on the photo(s). The participant will indemnify LOVA against all claims from third parties related to the exploitation of the submitted photo(s).